Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Update

Hello Everyone,

1st off I want to say thank you to everyone for their kind words and their well wishes. Hopefully my updates and eveyones encouragement can help all of us reach our independent goals. I know having a support group can help when times get tough and we are at our weakest.

Before I tell you about my 1st weight loss update I wanna share something with you all that really made me feel proud last night. Now this may not make sense to people that havent struggled with weight loss or getting to the gym, but anyone who has struggled will know exactly what I am talking about. The 1st 6 days of my new life I just focused on adjusting my body to eating less and getting thru my 12 hour work days, (I work over 70 hours a week). Last night, Tuesday the 9th of October, was gonna be my 1st night I go to the gym. I worked from 9am to 9pm, rushed home (because the gym in my complex closes at 10) got home at 932pm changed into shorts and Tshirt and was at the gym at 938pm thinking ok I can get in a good 20 minutes of cardio for my 1st night of exercise and that will be a good start. So I get to the gym and the door is locked, I rush over to the other entrance, locked again, I look in the window the lights are on but there is know one there, my first reaction is that im very ticked off, my 2nd reaction is well it wasnt meant to be, Im gonna go home and watch tv I will start tommorrow, and on the walk back to my car I start thinking im not gonna use this as an excuse, my whole life ive been saying Im gonna start tommorrow, I decide to just walk around my complex, im far from race walking but im walking at a much faster pace than just my regular walking pace. So I had no idea how long the loop around my complex was, after loop 1, was feeling great and wanted to feel a good sense of accomplishment so went for loop 2, still feeling great a little tired but had no idea how long the loop was so went for loop 3, and felt great when I completed loop 3. I got in my car and set the odometer to 0 and drove the loop to see how long it was, to my surprise and my extreme happiness it was .7miles a loop and I had done 3 loops, which is 2.1 miles so I felt great. Not only had I not just given up and waited till tommorrow I also had a very nice little 2.1 mile walk. I was very proud of myself, and this morning I am a wee bit sore but Im fine and looking forward to another nice walk tonight.


So, October 1st I went to 3 different locations to get a starting weight, and all 3 scales were quite different, So my actual starting weight may not be 100% accurate but the amount I lose will still be accurate because im gonna use the same scale thruout. My start weight on October 1st was 326, on October 3rd (Wednesday) I started taking Zylene and the 2 multivitamins. I weighed myself again this morning (October 10th) and i was at 312, so Ive lost 14 lbs. Needless to say when I got on the scale it took all my power not to yell out with joy. I knew Id be losing weight as my pants were considerably bigger on me but even I couldn't beleive I lost that much that quick, I am on a very enjoyable natural high right now and feel great and even more motivated than before.

So far ive been eating 4 small meals a day, I take the pills at 8am, then eat at 9am, 1130am, 2pm, and last at 5pm, and then just water, crystal light, or diet iced tea all day.

www.health4wealth.com/watchmeshrink

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Ryan-

I read your first blog and I completely understand where you're coming from. As a parent, nothing means more to me than being able to keep up with my two children. I am very impressed by your progress and will continue to follow your progress. 26 lbs is alot of weight to lose in 10 days. I think that's wonderful.

Good luck on your progress.